Frequently asked questions(FAQ)
1. What is the purpose of the Business Analyst within an organization?
To enable (and potentially facilitate) change by defining needs, recommending solutions, and assisting with the implementation of solutions. Ultimately, the biggest purpose of a Business Analyst is to analyze and solve business problems.
2. What is the number one skill a Business Analyst needs to possess?
You can never go wrong with communication (oral and written). Talk about how Business Analysts interact with people at varying levels of the organization and need the ability to talk with each person with terms and a communication style they can understand. Or you can go with another Business Analysis skill that matches closely with the job description.
3. When are user (business) requirements complete?
This is validating you avoid analysis paralysis, where you never complete the requirements phase due to always feeling like you need to learn (elicit) more. The key here is to explain how you have finished gathering requirements when you have clear, concise, and validated requirements that fully encompass the business need.
4. Could you describe the main qualities of a good requirement?
Clearly and unambiguously defines the need. Follows the SMART philosophy:
S – Specific | M – Measurable | A – Attainable | R – Reasonable | T– Traceable
5. What are some of the challenges faced by a business analyst?
1. Resistance to change (uncooperative stakeholders)
2. Conflicting requirements (different needs among various stakeholders)
3. Analysis paralysis (knowing when you have enough requirements)
4. Ever-changing business needs and requirements
6. How do manage demands on multiple projects/stakeholders?
Continually prioritize projects and tasks based on organizational goals and objectives. Set commitments. If a commitment will be missed, communicate it ahead of time and update your expected completion date. Over-communicate project status and next steps.
7. What are the different tools used in Business Analytics?
1. MS Office and SQL
3. Python and R
4. QlikView and Tableau
8. What is business modeling?
Business modeling is identifying the value proposition for a business and then building a step-by-step approach for operating the business. This step-by-step approach is known as business modeling. It includes vision, mission, and strategies to achieve the goals.
9. What is the use of UML?
Unified Modeling Language (UML) is a general-purpose, developmental modeling language that provides a standard way to visualize the system
10. List the components of the Requirements Work Plan.
1. Project description
2. Key issues
4. Goals and objectives
11. What is RUP methodology?
Rational Unified Process (RUP) is a product application improvement method with numerous devices to help with coding the last product and assignments identified with this objective. RUP is an object-oriented approach that guarantees successful project management and top-notch software production.
1. What is Selenium and what is composed of?
Selenium is a suite of tools for automated web testing. It is composed of Selenium IDE (Integrated Development Environment), WebDriver and RC, Grid.
2. How will you find an element using Selenium?
In Selenium every object or control in a web page is referred to as an element, there are different ways to find an element in a web page they are
6. Link Text
7. Partial Link Text
8. Xpath etc
3. Explain what is assertion in Selenium and what are the types of assertion?
Assertion is used as a verification point. It verifies that the state of the application conforms to what is expected. The types of assertion are “assert”, “verify” and “waifFor”.
4. What are the advantages of Selenium?
1. It supports C#, PHP, Java, Perl, Python
2. It supports different OS like Windows, Linux and Mac OS
3. It has got powerful methods to locate elements (Xpath, DOM, CSS)
4. It has highly developer community supported by Google
5. List out the technical challenges with Selenium?
Technical challenges with Selenium are
1. Selenium supports only web-based applications
2. It does not support the Bitmap comparison
3. For any reporting, related capabilities have to depend on third-party tools
4. No vendor support for tool compared to commercial tools like HP UFT
5. As there is no object repository concept in Selenium, maintainability of objects becomes difficult
6. What are JUnit Annotations and what are different types of annotations which are useful?
In JAVA a special form of syntactic meta-data can be added to Java source code, this is known as Annotations. Variables, parameters, packages, methods, and classes are annotated some of the Junit annotations which can be useful are
7. While using click command can you use screen coordinate?
To click on the specific part of the element, you would need to use clickAT command. ClickAt command accepts element locator and x, y coordinates as arguments- clickAt (locator, cordString)
8. Explain how you can login into any site if it’s showing any authentication popup for password and username?
Pass the username and password with url
9. Explain how Selenium Grid works?
Selenium Grid sent the tests to the hub. These tests are redirected to Selenium Webdriver, which launches the browser and run the test. With the entire test suite, it allows for running tests in parallel.
1. What is App in Salesforce?
An app is a group of tabs that work as a unit to provide functionality. Users can switch between apps using the Force.com app drop-down menu at the top-right corner of every page.
You can customize existing apps to match the way you work or build new apps by grouping standard and custom tabs.
Navigation to create an app in Salesforce: Setup ->Build ->Create->App-> Click on new and create your application according to your requirements.
2. What is object in Salesforce?
Custom objects are database tables that allow you to store data specific to your organization in salesforce.com. You can use custom objects to extend salesforce.com functionality or to build new application functionality.
Once you have created a custom object, you can create a custom tab, custom related lists, reports, and dashboards for users to interact with the custom object data. You can also access custom object data through the Force.com API.
Navigation to create an object in salesforce: Setup->Build->Create->Object-> Click on the new object and create object according to your requirement.
3. How many relationships included in SFDC & What are they?
We are having two types of relationships, they are
1. Lookup Relationship
2. Master-Detail Relationship
4. What is a “Lookup Relationship”?
This type of relationship links two objects together,
1. Up to 25 allowed for object
2. Parent is not a required field.
3. No impact on security and access.
4. No impact on deletion.
5. Can be multiple layers deep.
6. Lookup field is not required.
5. What is “Master-Detail Relationship”?
Master Detail relationship is the Parent child relationship. In which Master represents Parent and detail represents Child. If Parent is deleted then Child also gets deleted. Rollup summary fields can only be created on Master records which will calculate the SUM, AVG, MIN of the Child records.
1. Up to 2 allowed to object.
2. Parent field on child is required.
3. Access to parent determines access to children.
4. Deleting parent automatically deletes child.
5. A child of one master detail relationship cannot be the parent of another.
6. Lookup field on page layout is required.
6. How can I create Many – to – Many relationship?
Lookup and Master detail relationships are one to many relationships. We can create many – to – Many relationship by using junction object. Junction object is a custom object with two master detail relationships.
7. A custom object contains some records, now my requirement is to create field in this object with master detail relationship. Can we create master detail relationship in this case?
No, directly we cannot create master details relationship if custom object contains existing records.
Following are the steps to create to create master-detail relationship when records are available in custom object.
1. First create field with lookup relationship.
2. And then associate look field with parent record for every record
3. Next change the data type of the field from look up to Master-detail.
8. List examples of custom field types?
Text, Pick list, Pick list (multi select), Date, Email, Date/Time, Date, Currency, Checkbox, Number, Percent, Phone, URL, Text Area, Geolocation, lookup relationship, master detail relationship etc…..
9. What is TAB in Salesforce?
Tab is a user interface component to user creates to display custom object data.
There are three type of tabs.
1. Custom Tabs
2. Visual force Tabs
3. Web Tabs
10. Does user can create insert their own custom logo, while creating their own custom applications?
Yes user can upload their custom logo in documents and then they choose that logo for organization.
1. What is Data Science?
Data Science is a mixture of Statistics, technical skills and business vision which is used to analyze the existing data and predict future trend.
2. What is the difference between Big data, Data Science, and Data Analytics?
Huge volumes of data-structured, unstructured and semi-structured.
It requires a basic knowledge of statistics and mathematics.
It deals with slicing and dicing the data.
It requires in-depth knowledge of statistics and mathematics
Contributing operational insights into complex business scenarios.
It requires adequate knowledge of statistics and mathematics.
3. What is the difference between Data Analytics, Data Analysis, Data Mining and Data Science?
Data Analytics: Data Analytics often refer as the techniques of Data Analysis Data Mining: Dealing with large amount of data Data Science: Mainly includes Data + Algorithms where, Predictive Analysis/Modelling, Statistical Analysis, Probability Models and includes very complex mathematics in D.S.
4. Python or R – Which one would you prefer for text analytics?
The best possible answer for this would be Python because it has Pandas library that provides easy to use data structures and high-performance data analysis tools.
5. If I am a fresher, can I still get a job in data analytics?
There are a lot of job opportunities in various job portals for fresher’s. It is important for the employer that he would be keen to know whether you have the conceptual knowledge or not.
6. Do i need to have Strong Programming skills to be a Data Scientist?
Well, the answer is Yes and No. Yes in the sense programming skills would be required & No in the sense one need not have extremely strong programming skills.
7. What is the difference between Data Analytics, Data Analysis, Data Mining, and Data Science?
Data Analytics: Data Analytics often refer as the techniques of Data Analysis Data Mining: Dealing with large amounts of data Data Science: Mainly includes Data + Algorithms where, Predictive Analysis/Modelling, Statistical Analysis, Probability Models and includes very complex mathematics in D.S.
1. Tell me about yourself.
What They Want to Know: The interviewer wants to realize why you’re an super suit for the activity. Try to answer questions on yourself with out giving too much, or too little, private information. You can start by using sharing a number of your private hobbies and experiences that do not relate without delay to work
2. Why must we lease you? Are you the fine candidate for the job?
The hiring manager desires to recognize whether you have got all the required qualifications. Be prepared to provide an explanation for why you’re the applicant who need to be hired. Make your response a confident, concise, focused income pitch that explains what you have to offer and why you have to get the task.
3. What is your greatest strength?
This is one of the questions that employers almost always ask to decide how well you’re certified for the placement. When you’re asked about your greatest strengths, it’s vital to discuss the attributes that qualify you for that specific job, and as a way to set you apart from other candidates.
4. What is your best weakness?
Another regular question interviewers will ask is set your weaknesses. Do your best to border your solutions around high-quality factors of your competencies and talents as an employee, turning seeming “weaknesses” into strengths. You also can percentage examples of capabilities you have improved, providing precise times of how you have got identified a weakness and brought steps to accurate it.
5. Why do you want to leave (or have left) your contemporary task?
He interviewer wants to recognize why you need to work for their corporation. When asked about why you are transferring on from your present day position, stick with the facts, be direct and consciousness your answer at the future, in particular if your departure wasn’t under the satisfactory circumstances
6. What are your earnings expectations?
The hiring manager desires to realize what you count on to earn. It seems like a easy question, however your solution can knock you out of competition for the job if you overprice yourself. If you underprice yourself, you may get shortchanged with a lower offer.
7. Why do you want this job?
This question offers you an opportunity to show the interviewer what you realize about the process and the business enterprise, so take time in advance to thoroughly research the employer, its products, services, lifestyle and mission. Be precise about what makes you a good healthy for this role, and mention components of the company and position that attraction to you most.
8. How do you handle stress and pressure?
What do you do whilst matters don’t cross smoothly at work? How do you deal with tough situations? The organization wants to recognize how you handle place of business pressure. Avoid claiming which you never, or rarely, enjoy stress. Rather, formulate your solution in a manner that acknowledges place of work pressure and explains how you’ve overcome it, or even used it to your advantage
9. Describe a difficult project and the way you overcame it.
The interviewer desires to recognise how you respond while faced with a tough decision. As with the question approximately stress, be organized to proportion an example of what you probably did in a difficult situation. It’s vital to proportion info to make the tale believable and engaging
10. What are your desires for the future?
His query is designed to discover in case you’re going to paste around or flow on as quickly as you find a higher opportunity. Keep your solution centered at the activity and the business enterprise, and reiterate to the interviewer that the placement aligns together with your long-term desires.